Sticky Toffee Pudding – our most requested from our sweet menu!
- 85g unsalted butter, softened plus extra for greasing
- 225g dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 100ml dark rum
- 175g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bread soda
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
FOR THE SAUCE
- 300ml double cream
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 60g unsalted butter
- 50ml dark rum
- Preheat the oven to 180C or gas 4. Grease 6 x 200ml individual pudding moulds.
- Put the dates, rum and 100ml boiling water into a small pan and bring to the boil, simmer for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bread soda and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix well. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well each time. Alternate adding a little of the flour mixture and dates into the creamed mixture, whisking well after each addition. Spoon the mixure between the bowls. Bake for around 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make the sauce, put the cream, sugar and butter into a pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes, then stir in the rum and cook for a further minute, until the sauce is smooth and thick. Pour over the puddings and serve immediately.